My gang... (pic heavy)

sussexgal

Songster
11 Years
Jul 25, 2008
Adirondack Foothills, NY
Two of the Columbian Wyandotte hens....
1020081706.jpg

Beetle Juice the Columbian Wyandotte roo...
1020081711-1.jpg

Spanky the bodaceous roo...
1020081712.jpg

Speckles the oh too white Sussex...
1020081707a.jpg

The pond....
P1040049-1.jpg

Carmine, Fred, Dory, & Maria...
P1040050-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for all the nice replies
smile.png
hcammack - the wyandottes are great birds. They are friendly - more so than the australorpes, but not as friendly as the orpingtons. And they are curious - not as much as the sussex but right up there. If I'm in the yard, the sussex supervise what I'm doing. The Wyandottes will supervise what the sussex and I both are doing. lol The roo is not the least bit aggressive. They were hatched this past May so I'm still waiting for eggs and the roo has a ways to go before he's totally mature and shows his full personality. So far it has been a pleasure to have them share the yard.

Beardedchick - We had an algae bloom this summer. That's what you are seeing in the pond. The fish in there are large mouth bass, blue gills, perch, and bullheads. The pond is bigger than the photo shows - 14' at it's deepest. The dock is 10'x20'. It used to be a corn field.... a very soggy corn field.
smile.png

Beautiful birds!!! I love the pond, what a great place to sit and relax. I don't think I would ever be able to get my chores done if I lived there!!

Thanks for sharing your pics
smile.png

Thank you SO MUCH, C!!!

Re. the wyandottes: I MUST HAVE SOME!!!!!!!

And what a lovely setting you have. Gee!! Congrats to you on it all!

Back
Top Bottom