My gang

Cool thanks for the compliments on the set up and the birds all. It would be awesome if someone liked my idea enough to use it so feel free!! I am a beginner chicken farmer so that makes me feel good THANK YOU!!

EDIT: If you are interested, I can take some better pics of the design.. I have it set up so the walls of the coops slide out for easy cleaning and the roof hinges up to remove eggs easily. I made it about 90% out of scrap wood I had laying around the barn with the exception of 4 4x8 sheets of particle board that I had to buy as I was lacking the parts for walls and roof. I basically made a table , attached it to the wall of my barn, and made 1"x1" tracks on top of the table for the particle board to slide into for easy removal for cleaning. The roof is simply connected to two hinges on the barn wall and lifts upwards to access for eggs. I will take a few more pics of it and post tomorrow.

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks so much for helping me figure out what those are...Ive been wanting to get a male for them but never was sure what they were.

I originally thought they were minorcas but after looking up white faced black spanish, they resemble them alot more from the pictures ive

looked at. Now to find a rooster for them and hopefully I'll be raising some more. Very cool!!!
lol.png

Quote:
Sorry its been so long...been a full week. Will have the more descriptive pics tomorrow AND hopefully tomorrow morning I will be adding 2 more EE hens and EE roo and their new house I built this week out of a craigslist free moving crate!!! Stay tuned lol

Ok heres some better pictures of my design. The main reason for designing like this was to make it easier to clean.

70905_dsc02472.jpg

Hinged roof attached to wall, easily raised to retrieve eggs...1x1 lip to keep walls lined up

70905_dsc02473.jpg

1x1 tracks to sit the walls in. Walls simply lift out when the roof is raised.

70905_dsc02476.jpg

Perch along outside of boxes for comfortable perching outside of nest boxes.

And as promised...my 2 new girls and their boyfriend

70905_dsc02484.jpg

70905_dsc02487.jpg

And their new house (made out of free shipping container I found on craigslist)

70905_dsc02478.jpg

70905_dsc02479.jpg

70905_dsc02481.jpg

70905_dsc02480.jpg

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom