My garage is not your hangout spot lol

ChickenGrandma2202

In the Brooder
Oct 3, 2017
Southern Illinois
My flock free ranges with a large coop that opens into our garage. Issue I am having is when we let them out in mornings over half of them are staying in the garage or coop. If I leave the door into the garage closed half of them stay in coop like they are trapped. I can't shut them off to the coop & garage because we have all day layers. I have taken buckets of scratch, treats, and every other thing I can think of out into the yard to lure them out. It works for a few but then they go back after treats are gone. Any suggestions as to how to get them out? They use to be out all day?? Is it because its finally gotten hot and stayed that way?? I'm at a loss as to how to get them back out.

If you are feeding your chickens treats, and post-snack they go in the coop, i say let them! Our chickens hang out everywhere we don't want them, they haven't learned how to work the doggie-door yet or I'd expect to see them in our garage as well. If the coop is where they are happy you'll have a tough time keeping them out. You can move all the food and water out and that might help a bit...

Back
Top Bottom