My gardening website... Ideas and what do you think?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by call ducks, Jan 16, 2011.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Hey all,
    I have been working on a gardening website for awhile now. What do you think of it right know? http://learntogarden.org/ also every thing is going to be redone (for the second time in a month [​IMG] ) as i am just starting to work on the new theme to day. I plan to add an "Knowledge Base" to it after i get every thing done.

What are your ideas or comments?

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Not much there right now, but it's a good start.

3. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:Yup nothing much at all. i have had the site up and running for a few months but, i am just deciding now on what theme i like [​IMG] i have re-designed that site 4-5 times.

half the battle is getting good content the other half is getting a good ranking on google. [​IMG]

4. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    Hopefully you plan on changing your background page. Its too dark, when I think of gardening websites I think of green and flowers, or rows of vegies. straight black just doesn't give the appeal to want to stick around and check out the site. Plus the contrast kinda hurts the eyes. at least there is something there to start with. :)

5. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:Yup that's the new theme i well be working on [​IMG]

6. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Ok here is an update of what the site new colours well look like in a week or so (ya know got to recode the website [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

7. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes, I have to respectively agree with the others. It's not real "gardeny", a little bland. Try to dress it up with some plants, photos, etc. I'm trying to work on a site too, it can be a real pain in the butt messing around and redoing it, but good luck with it and keep it fun!

8. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Quote:Yup. Thing is i don't have any pictures the best i could do would be little cartoon images [​IMG]

Ps. i should have a preview up and running in a few min...

9. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Yup. Thing is i don't have any pictures the best i could do would be little cartoon images [​IMG]

You don't have any pics of your own garden? You could always use copyright free clip art. Looking forward to the next preview. You got me thinking about going back and working on my own site again, haven't touched it in a while.

10. call ducks

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada

You don't have any pics of your own garden? You could always use copyright free clip art. Looking forward to the next preview. You got me thinking about going back and working on my own site again, haven't touched it in a while.

hahah 2.5 acres of vegetables & i am not one to take pictures of vegetables for some odd reason...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by