My geese & ducks

jsullivan704

Chirping
Jun 27, 2018
Ohio
Hi, I’m jenna. I’m new to having waterfowl and soon chickens. My oldest goose is Jeffery he is only 9 weeks, and my youngest is Puddles he’s about 3 weeks. My older duck Sammy is about 9 weeks, younger is Daffy about 3 weeks. I got the first pair when they were first hatched, same with the second. There’s already noticeable differences and personalities between all 4, jeffery and sammy were always close to me and wouldn’t stray far at all. The new ones are adventurous and will go farther away from me. We built them a pen with a small pond and coop, the big ones are in it now and loving it. I’m nervous about putting the small ones with the big ones in a few weeks because the duck got very angry when i first tried to introduce them. I’m still very new to this, any advice on anything would be great. :)

Welcome to BYC, Jenna! Hope you enjoy your ducks. Ducks are usually pretty easy about integrating into a new flock but still keep an eye on the little ones when they are introduced.

If you do a search here on BYC, you should be able to answer most all your questions about being a proud new duck parent.

The people here will try to help you anyway they can.
:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom