My Genesis is finally here....BAD NEWS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by equus2, May 13, 2008.

1. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

I was so excited; the genesis showed up today, was to be my hatcher, for eggs that are day 16 now. Just in the nick of time.

BUT GUESS WHAT?!~!!! They shipped a cell phone power cord, that doesn't fit this incubator! Can you believe this rotten luck!! [​IMG]

2. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    where did you get it from? How strange!

3. MaransGuy

MaransGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Greenfield, MA
    That doesn't make any sense. I, too , would like to know where it was shipped from. The power supply should be packaged inside the box from the manufacturer so there should be no room for error.

Richard

4. equus2

ebay. argh. I'm heading to bestbuy, etc, to try to find something......

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  5. MaransGuy

MaransGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Greenfield, MA
    Be careful and make sure that the voltage and amps are exactly right otherwise you can permanently fry the unit. Good luck.

6. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    I hope that you are not mistaken with what you are looking at. The cord to the bator could easily be mistaken for something else other than a power cord. The end that plugs into the top of the bator is ever so small much like a cell phone cord. You probably want to read over the instructions very carefully again before you head out to buy another power cord. I seriously doubt that you can find anything out there to adapt to it.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I agree with you Yogiman......The end that plugs into the bator does look like it could be a phone charger, but fits into the top of the incubator.

8. equus2

Thanks for the advice on replacing the power cord. I wish I were just missing something. I could just send it back (and eat the shipping), or check with suppliers to buy a replacement.

I should've mentioned that I have another Genesis, that I bought new earlier this year.....Yes, they plug into the lid. This is definitely a spare cell or PDA cord and so tiny it doesn't even touch the receptacle. [​IMG]

9. jnjross

jnjross Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    edwards, ms
    i bet he's digging around looking for his phone charger [​IMG]

10. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Well thatÂ’s a bummer...How disappointing. [​IMG] Did you contact the shipper and tell them?
    Mitzi

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by