My girl Diamond and her chickies!!! Pics and lots of em!!! UPDATE!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by stormylady, Jun 6, 2011.

1. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    [​IMG][​IMG]:weeeDIAMOND did it!!!! And look what she got for it!! Aren't they just the cutiest, little things! She still has 3 eggs under her so shes might not be done yet, as I was taking the hatched chicks she was pushing her remaining eggs back under her sooooo does that mean that she aims to hatch more out??? I hope so! Moms are def. Silkie but the father's could be Salmon Fav. Blue silkies, red silkie, partridge silkie, or a black silkie??? Im hoping for Salmon Fav mixes!! Well whatever they are I'm bubbling over with happiness!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Did she do good or what!!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  2. ChickyLove

ChickyLove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Springfield, MA.
    Oh my goodness, what a great mama! They are just too cute to be legal, I love how fuzzy they are!

3. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    :
    Quote:Yes she wasn't real thrilled with me taking them out of the crate for the photo session but I just couldn't resist!!!

4. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Shes had 4 far, but still has 3 eggs under her to go if they hatch it will make seven, the littlest one was hatched shortly before the pictures were taken . I didn't even know she was in there!

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

6. lac1975

lac1975 Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2011
    Corsicana, TX
    They are precious!

7. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    How long should I leave her unhatched eggs in with her? Does it sometimes take a couple of days for them to hatch out all of there eggs ? or do the hatch all the same day??

8. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    They are too cute! I love it when they poke out between moms feathers. When mine hatched hers everytime I didnt have my camera with me they would do something cute like that but when I did they wouldnt. Mine all but one hatched the same day the other was a week behind as someone got into her nest and laid an egg later. That one I finished in the incubator and gave to her after it hatched. I'd say leave them there so long as she is still setting but watch her to make sure. Remember If they are mixes I want some [​IMG]

9. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Sorry LOL but I keep thinking of questions? All of the chicks have 5 toes on each foot, Silkies do and Also Salmon Favs. do, The legs are different colored but are all dark colored some darker than others, And would the markings be caused by mixing with a salmon fav, or could it be caused by mixing color varieties of silkies!? and all of them have Dots, smudges, slashy type marks almost like stripes down their backs and on top of their heads? and out of the 4 that she has hatched appears to have eyeliner marks like a EE's for instance? Only 2 breeds of chickens in those pens is silkies and one lone little Salmon Fav. Boy??? I think next time Im going to set up a pen with just the one Salmon Fav boy with a couple of the Silkie girls then I wouldn't have all these silly questions running around in my head, but I guess time will tell, but if any of ya'll know any of the tell- tell signs I could sure use some insight! Thanks Sandy!!

10. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:Thanks!!!! yep I must have taken 50 pictures yesterday.Camera on cell phone so not all that great pictures and my phone kept going dead so I would shut it off and turn it back on a few minutes later to get just enough power back for 1 or 2 more and kept doing that, but they would keep doing cute stuff so what could I do! LOL LOL I'm with ya! Im just dieing to get some Sal. Fav. mixes!! And if Diamond don't have any mixes I got 5 more silkies sitting on eggs with the same Moms and Dads so somebody shurly will have a couple of em. LOL. Problem is, both Salmon Favs and silkies both have 5 toes, and feathered legs. LOL and all of them have both! So I guess only time will tell!

PS in the 1st pic she (Diamond) looks so contented, in picture 2 and 4 she really looks aggrivated at me! LOL

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by