1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

:( My Girl just died :(

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chick15, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I cannot stop crying. One of my hens was just killed by a hawk [​IMG] I miss her so so so so so so so so sooooooo much already.... we used to have 11 and now we have only 10 [​IMG] It was the first time i have ever had a pet die (except for 2 goldfish.... but they don't really count) I am just so sad, we had been so lucky with hawk attacks, not having any.... so lucky with any attacks actually, but now i guess our luck ran out [​IMG]

I HATE HAWKS [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    RIP.... I think my biggest regret was not naming you. I will name everyone else now [​IMG]

My mom found her.... The hawk was eating her... my mom was just too late [​IMG]

2. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Oh I’m so sorry for you and your pretty hen [​IMG] I hate hawks too [​IMG]

3. BigIslandChicks

BigIslandChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    so sorry to hear that [​IMG] when my kids cat was hit by a car last year i cried for weeks [​IMG] losing a pet is awful. sending aloha [​IMG]

4. Chick15

Apr 21, 2011
    Can you guys come up with a good name for her? I know its a bit late, but I still want to name her... [​IMG]

5. Zinnia-Hen

Zinnia-Hen Live & Let Live

Jan 29, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] I'm so sorry for your loss.

Maybe Legacy would work? Or Angel?

6. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    I'm so sorry! [​IMG]

Your poor chickie [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

So so sorry! She was so beautiful. [​IMG] Remeber all of the wonderful memories you hd with her. [​IMG]

You could name her Penelope (Pen-el-o-pee).

8. Chick15

Apr 21, 2011
    I think I might call her Beauty.... U guys think that name would work??

9. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    I think beauty is perfect

I have a hen very like your one and I always think she is just so pretty. - I know its really hard right now especially when you have not lost pets like this before. Hawks are preditors and killing for their food is just what they do. Unfortunately they do love chickens almost as much as we do!!!!!!!!
    They are not bad or horrible they are just a different bird in the food chain and they have a beauty and majesty too. Some people actually love them and breed them like we do chickens. Thing is though now that darn Hawk knows where you keep dinner! so you will need to think carefully about securing the rest of your flock.

I know your really upset right now and hurt. - The wonderful thing about chickens though is chicken math (The good lord created so many of them for just such a situation!) This is the perfect oppertunity to get more hens, and is the best healing for a broken chicken lover heart!
    Beauty looks like she was a Red speckled Sussex

Here is Bertha -
    [​IMG]

You can get more!!!!!!!! Honestly there are loads of them !!!!!

Oesdog - I do think Beauty is the best name for her your girl was very beautiful!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  10. DinosRBirds

DinosRBirds Hunted by Moonlight

Feb 1, 2011
    Lake Huron,MI
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by