1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My girl Sally the NHR

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Queen of the Lilliputians, May 30, 2007.

1. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    This isn't the greatest picture, but I just had to share little Sally with you guys (no one else gets how great she is [​IMG] ). Last night I was visiting them, and had brought crumbled egg yolk for a treat. Everyone was eyeing the yolk, some were pecking the pieces on the floor, some were pecking it out of my hand. But my sweet girl Sally came over, and didn't give a hoot about treats. She promptly jumped/flew over everyone's heads so she could land on my arm. She has taught herself how to get out of the brooder (jumps to top of water, and can get to top of box from there) so she can come to see me when I go visit. No one else can do this yet.

Anyway, she's SO sweet. I tell her that she reminds me of a kitty.

[​IMG]

Meghan

2. missusduray

missusduray Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    Northern Minnesota
    Sally looks like a sweetie! She sounds like a pet to me. No one understands my atachment to my plain gray kitty. Well he is full grown, but he is a kitty in my heart! Who knows why we get attached to the animals that we do. It just is!
    Kristyne

3. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Sally is adorable! Lucky you to have such a sweetie!
    EDIT - Dorothy, one of my favorite NHR's, hatched out some babies this January. She was the best mother! I love this breed.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  4. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Sally is just adorable!! and she sounds just fabulous!
    I have one NHR hen named Lucy, and she is the Sweetest bird out of our flock! She is also my sons best friend. She runs if she hears him come outside, and she is just so happy to see him! She is the only full grown chicken we have that my son can pick up. She loves he cuddle time.
    this is Lucy
    [​IMG]
    here is a pic of Lucy, helping my son dig our pond.
    [​IMG]

5. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Here's another of Sally sitting on her favorite place...

So glad to hear so many great things about this breed! I have been so impressed by how sociable they have been.

[​IMG]

6. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    How sweeeeet! She is just adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by