My Girlfriend raises chickens and want to buy some rare baby chick for her for xmas gift - TEXAS

esilver

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 10, 2013
The commercial outfit do not sell much around this time of the year.

Not looking for roosters....

She lost a few birds to a dog this summer and really miss the following and lives in Texas and looking for egg layer

Hen - White Creast Black Polish
Hen - Americauna
Hen - Silkie All types

I am hoping to perhaps work with 1 day old chick than can be mailed.

I live in Dallas.

Can anyone help me out or suggest how I can find these for Xmas?

Nice thought for a gift, but a single chick isn't the way to go, frankly. Cannot really mail a single chick, doubt anyone would ever do such a thing, and cannot really raise a single chick either. These birds are social animals and a little grouping of 4 or 6 would suffice for the social interaction that a chicken needs.

I agree on chatting up your desire on the Texas thread.

Last edited:
The third google hit when searching: chicken breeders in dallas tx, ranch-coop.com advertises older chix available now. You may want to try them or others coming up with that search.

Hope this helps. Welcome to BYC.

Welcome! Glad you joined us.
frow.gif

When buying a very young chick, you are taking a gamble on what sex it will be? You said no roosters. Silkies for example are very difficult to sex early - breeders usually need them to be 4-5 mos. old to sex with any accuracy. And as others have pointed out you can't have 1 chick shipped. If you get one and it dies, you have none.

Welcome to BYC - go to the Social forum and locate the Texas thread under 'Where are you! Where am I?'. Good luck in buying that perfect present.

Back
Top Bottom