My girlfriends kids just fed my 10 wk old girls a hotdog!!!

kittyariel

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 1, 2008
taft TN
I know I have read things about salt being toxic to them. The only meat they have ever had was a few crumbs of hamburger and they get the bioled egg I have always given them every day.
smile.png

Thanks a bunch!!!!!

If kids can eat them, they will not harm your chickens, however you may have to stay inside during picnics once the chickens realize the good things they have been missing.
lau.gif

your girls will almost assuredly be just fine, but you might want to watch them (the chickens OR the kids; whichever demonstrates the greater need for supervision
wink.png
) a bit more closely when the kids are there. My chickens worked out a system that would have made a soldier in charge of devising a battle strategy drool with envy. Alpha company was in charge of left flank attack -- the bread side. Bravo company was in charge of diversionary tactics (i. e. antics and tomfoolery). Charlie company was in charge of right flank attack -- the meatloaf side. The Enemy (i. e. the Human aka crtrlovr) sits down outside with what she thought was going to be her lunch. In a blitzkrieg (lightning fast) move, each Company exercised their part of the battle plan. While Bravo Co. is doing the most outrageous shenanigans, Alpha Co. grabs bread and runs like the wind. Charlie Co. grabs meatloaf, and also runs like the wind. Bravo Co. takes off running like mad to catch up with Alpha & Charlie Co.s and share in the "spoils of war" while the Enemy trudges dejectedly into the house to find something else for lunch...
roll.png
he.gif
rant.gif

I feed the flock bread. It does NOT take long for the message to get out.

Ever seen 15 hens running as fast as they can ?

I have about 5 very brave souls. They take the bread right out of every ones hands and the group is getting larger.

Ever seen a hen run off with a intact slice of bread and bawk as she is running ?

I figure your kids do not have a chance now.

Thanks guys!!! We had already given them 1/2 of a small seedless watermelon and several corn on the cob, and garlic bread, they have only been out running in the yard for a week and I think they already have things figured out, I am sure it will only get worse, they are such little pigs with wings!!!!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom