1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Girll finally laid an egg!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Mcatgirl, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Mcatgirl

Mcatgirl Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2016
    Ohio
    I waited 9 months for this beautiful Green egg! Here's hoping her 2 sisters start laying theirs soon.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Mcatgirl

Dec 16, 2016
    Ohio
    I wanted to know which girl it was out of the 3. I bent down and asked the girls who laid this one. And sweet Veronica hunkered down for the first time, I knew it was her picked her up and gave her a hug telling what a good girl she was. Here's hoping Betty & Shakira start laying soon too.

[​IMG]

3. Ljc01

Ljc01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2016
    Nipomo, Ca
    [​IMG]
    Maybe there is hope for my 9 1/2 month old Austrolorp yet.

4. NewChickmom2016

NewChickmom2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2016
    Congrats!!!!
    Our Easter Egger, Henrietta, finally laid her first egg this past Saturday. She looks a bit like your gal and is 7 months old! With very little comb growth compared to the other 2 gals we have who are the same age, we were surprised. Henrietta had started squatting, but I thought she was just doing what the other girls did!
    Pretty green egg- like yours!
    So exciting when they start laying!
    congrats again!
    -Jerie
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. NewChickmom2016

NewChickmom2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2016
    Ljc01-
    Hang in there! I was thinking our just over 7 month old was holding out for spring! Surprised us with an egg this past Saturday.
    -Jerie

6. Mcatgirl

Dec 16, 2016
    Ohio
    It's just the happiest day when they lay their first one. Congrats

7. Mcatgirl

Dec 16, 2016
    Ohio

I was thinking mine were waiting for spring too. She didn't lay one today but she just started so I'm sure it will be sporadic. It's starting to get cold again so that won't help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by