My girls..and a few questions

Balboaroc

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 2, 2009
Carroll County, MD
CIMG4772.jpg

All my girls are 3 weeks old as of yesterday. This is my Silver Laced Wyandotte. This one here has a little different comb...is that normal? The other SLW I have has what looks like a traditional comb coming in. This looks almost like a lack of a comb altogether.

CIMG4775.jpg

My little New Hampshire girl in the front but actually I was trying to catch the little "neck flaps", as my 6 year old calls them, growing in on my Austrolorp behind her. Cracks me up how fast this chicks grow! And speaking of the Austrolorp according to the feed store she's supposed to be a pullet but her comb is much pinker/redder than the other chicks I have. I only have one Aust. though so no other in my bunch to compare to. Is it still a little too early to say she may be a he?
CIMG4769.jpg
Here is the Austrolorp again in the middle...

Hmmm this kinda stinks. I mean it could be a blessing in disguise if she is a he. Just unanticipated.

When we got them they had all of the breeds separated. The only ones I was supposed to worry about having the potential of a roo was the Wyandottes and Cochins which were straight run and unsexed... BUT had the potential of 1 out of 100 of getting a roo. They said it could happen but would be unlikely.

Time will tell!!
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom