My Girls and Guys love snacks

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ILOVEFRIZZLES, Oct 21, 2009.

1. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    What kinds of snacks you feed just want some new ideas. Mine love new Snacks. All of my are cage with no free range but have nice size runs/coops. So they love a treat everyday.

2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I give black oil sunflower seeds, raisins, cheerios, apples, scratch, yogurt, spaghetti(once in a great while) peaches and pumpkin.
    Mine think I am some kind of treat dispenser!

3. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    Mine enjoyed the pears that fell this year. They even let me have some.

4. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    pear I have them that tomorrow treat they do love them. My brother has a green house all organic and still growing tomato and other garden thing he gives me a bucket of leave off the plant they love that.

5. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Let's see, I have given mine chickens: watermelon, tomatoes, fresh corn on the cob, pumpkins, BOSS, premium birdseed w/ peanuts, pecans, raisins, cranberries/cherries, squash (winter and summer), apples, blueberries, etc., (we have a huge garden so they get all the extras)..... I cut the grass/clover with mulching blades and rake it up and throw it in to them, we have a huge patch of greens growing and I will pick the leaves that have holes --not pretty- for them.. I use those big suet cake cages to put their goodies in. Dh had two 50lb. bags of oats after planting cover crops and they have been getting some of that each day with their BOSS... I also stop by the bait shop and purchase crickets for them....

6. cnj-tx50

cnj-tx50 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2009
    North of Dallas, TX
    Mine love pork roast with all the veggies. I give them BOSS and scratch - one or the other - every day. They also love the thinnings for the turnip row!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by