My girls are 18 weeks tomorrow!!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by 04SportsterChick, Jul 9, 2011.

1. 04SportsterChick

04SportsterChick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2011
    Maryland
    I am so excited my 6 girls will be 18 weeks tomorrow and I can't wait for my first ever egg!!!! What do I do to kill the time before they start laying? I have the nesting boxes in as of yesterday. They havn't seemed much interested in them. Thinking about putting a golf ball in them. I have read that on here. My white plymouth rocks comb is getting a nice red, so are my BSL. THe golden commets are still kind of peachy in color. Thinking I should start mixing in layre feed to the grower and switching them over but havn't bought layer feed yet. I only have about a week of grower left. Any suggestions from all the very expirenced people out there?

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Oh... I know how hard that wait is for that 1st egg. You know you have to post pics of it right? About feeding, I would start mine on lay crumbles. I would like to add that you will get more responses if you post in the feeding area of the forum. Or the egg area. It is fun learning to maneuver the site. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by