MY GIRLS ARE BACK !!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by unionwirewoman, Nov 30, 2007.

1. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    For about the last 6 weeks my girls have been moulting , well , at least a few that have been really noticeable . I was only getting 2-5 eggs a day out of 19 hens . This past sunday I got five , monday 6, tuesday 9 , wednsday 11 , thursday 11 , and today 10 ! Guess I'll have to contact my customers again ( I have 6 dozen in the fridge now ) to get rid of them ! I just thought they might not lay as much during the cold months (it was 2 degrees this morning and only warmed up to 18 . our high for the last 2 weeks was 38 ) . I guess all the threatening of going into the stew pot was a motivation for them (LOL ! )[​IMG]

2. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah for you [​IMG] I am curious..since I am going through a molt for the first time with my Australorps......... how long does it usually last? One barred hen I have has never stopped laying and my bantams have just started laying in the cold weather?

3. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Not sure .... the first hen I got is a rir and she didn't moult for the first three years (not that I noticed ) and she layed every day ( odd) but since I moved she started moulting (it's been a year since we moved ) can't tell if she's laying everyday now cause I have two other rir's . [​IMG]

4. Itsme

Itsme Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    NW Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

A couple of my girls are on vacation.....lol, The one is even going through a personalitiy change. Interesting.

unionwirewoman, I am curious about your user name.

I work for a wire and cable company.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by