My girls are driving me crazy ... lol

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Crazy4Chicks, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    this morning DH came home from doing the paper route - and we went outside to spend time with the girls ( its about 7 :20 ) and DH asks me if anyone has laid yet I tell him no that it is to early for these girls LOL well he says I am going to look anyway - fine whatever - well he goes in and comes out with a green egg !! now this egg is not stone cold but not body warm either - the only thing I can think is that Miss Christmas laid it late in the afternoon and I missed it when putting everyone to bed- but now of course DH is like " I told you so " like he knew that egg was there and that he is somehow in touch with his " inner chicken " lol so now I am going to have to listen to him tell me how he just knew they had laid that egg for him to find !!

well I was just out there checking for more - when I noticed my little banty hen is missing - she always comes when I call her ! so I am looking all over when I notice a few of the girls looking under the coop ( which is only as high off the ground as a pallet ) well I m to busy looking for Bonnie to pay much attetion - I open the main coop door and see a tiny little egg ?? ok there is no way possible they could lay this in the coop and it rolled out plus it was not there when DH looked earlier - now I am totally confused so I get on the ground look under and there is sweet little Bonnie in a " made my own nest spot " she must have laid this egg yesterday rolled it out of the way to lay todays egg - so now when she is done I have to check under there and see how many more she has laid since she has been doing the squat thing for about a month !!! I know she is not broody or anything because she did not act mean or puffy !

Just when I am feeling smart about knowing a few things about chickens they go and do something that totally confuse me !! so now I have to look in and UNDER the coop for eggs !!

But that has to be the CUTEST and SMALLEST egg I have ever seen !!

Julie

2. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

How cool!
    I can't stand that smug attitude of a DH who thinks he knows it all. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by