My girls are getting so big !

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MsDarkAngelKisses, Aug 17, 2019.

1. MsDarkAngelKisses

MsDarkAngelKisses Chirping

Jul 28, 2019
    Northern California
    20190814_101408.jpg 20190814_101408.jpg My two beloved Indian Runner Ducks, Daisy and Rose are getting so big and comical !
    Will they get much bigger ?
    They where born June 24th !

2. Jpat

Jpat Free Ranging

Apr 30, 2018
    Nova scotia
    Cute!

quackiemama likes this.
  3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Wrangler

Mine are almost 4 months old April 24, and around 3 months they had grow about as much as they are now. Their parents who I have also are larger than they are so I’d say they will mature some more. Daisy and Rose are precious!:love

4. MsDarkAngelKisses

Jul 28, 2019
    Northern California
    Thank you so much everyone ! :love:love:love

quackiemama likes this.
  5. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Free Ranging

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    they will probably get a little bigger but not that you'd notice all that much. My 4 babies are 2 1/2 months old and 2 are bigger than their parents already. I also hatched 2 of @Runner duck mom 's eggs. They are a good size too but not the children of mine so I can't really compare.

6. Runner duck mom

Runner duck mom Songster

Nov 15, 2017
    Georgia
    I would imagine your babies will fill out a bit more if not get a little bigger as well.
    It's hard to tell size from pictures but I feel like our drake (left) is fairly large, our blue is almost the same size as our drake and our chocolate is just a tiny little thing. So I guess with just our 4 it's hard to tell what the normal size is for a full grown runner :)
    Your babies are super cute and so happy having pool time!
    20190122_151506~3.jpg 0627181622q~2.jpg

7. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Wrangler

:love

quackiemama and Runner duck mom like this.
  8. MsDarkAngelKisses

Jul 28, 2019
    Northern California
    Your Indian Runners are beautiful ! I sold 2 baby blues a male and female now I found out they want to eat them ! I'm so sicken and saddened and trying to buy them back...
    I had ordered 4 babies and coworker kept bugging me two buy 2 of them ! So I sold him the blues !

9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Wrangler

I hope you can buy them back. That’s sad. Or go buy them a frozen duck from the market if they want to eat duck.

10. Runner duck mom

Runner duck mom Songster

Nov 15, 2017
    Georgia
    Oh my goodness, thats terrible! They really should have mentioned that when they asked to buy them, especially if they knew yours were going to be pets.
    I hope they do sell them back to you. Agreed, offer them enough money so they can go out to dinner and buy all the duck they want or one from the grocery store. I cant imagine there is much to even eat on a runner to make it worth the effort :(

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: