My girls are going to be movie stars!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by j'aime mes poules, May 31, 2010.

1. j'aime mes poules

j'aime mes poules Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2010
    New York
    A few of my girls are going to be in a movie with Jane Fonda this summer, we are very excited !!!
    But now that the shooting is getting closer I am getting into the logistic of all that and wandering how this will work. I have to take 3 or 4 of my girls to a location for probably 5-7 days. Do you have any idea how they will handle been relocated for this short? I will have a portable coop for them with a small close pen. How can I make sure they are not going to run away ?

Thanks for all the advice

Sarah

2. chicken+quail=luv

chicken+quail=luv Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2008
    Strawberry fields.
    [​IMG]

I call all byc members get a free pass to see it! [​IMG]

3. j'aime mes poules

Jan 21, 2010
    New York
    I will keep you guys posted, but I am not sure I would be authorize to take pictures... We will see [​IMG]

4. RebekahNicole

RebekahNicole Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2010
    Sunny SoCal
    Haha, I thought you meant human girls, and I was thinking "Wow she has a lot of daughters!"

5. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know about the logistics, but it will be fun but hard work! My dad has been in a couple of movies, and it is really really fun!

6. j'aime mes poules

Jan 21, 2010
    New York
    I will take 2 golden comets and an EE on the set, and maybe a couple bantams.

They are my girls, i got them when they were 1 day old and me and my real kids play with them everyday!!

7. Siler

Siler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I call my hens "my girls" or "the ladies" all the time. I would take those you know won't run off or get scared easily. You don't want one that will go nuts on you when people are walking around. Bring treats you know will get them to come back to you. For me it's a bag of chips or multigrain bread in a very crinkly package. They hear it and they come running to me. Good luck with the shoot. Btw pics are usually not permitted, but they may if you don't take pics of the actors or the scenes. Maybe just you, the girls, and the production crew as they're setting up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by