My Girls are growing! Pic heavy

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by AngieChick, Aug 4, 2008.

1. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I have been without a computer for a bit, but now can show off my girls (and boy, hmph).

We already rehomed 1 girl at 3 weeks old, she was a brat and causing chaos with the other girls. A friend of mine with acreage had a broody silky (who is known to be a great mom) and she snuck the chick under her at night. The chick had most of it's feathers already and in no way seemed newborn, but that silly silky was completely ecstatic and puffed up with pride over her new baby (she must have been desperate). They are still doing great. The same friend is going to be taking my roo, she is wanted to diversify her flock's gene pool.

All of these chicks are 7 weeks and doing great, I have 9 but I am rehoming 3 this week.

EE-Chicula the suspected roo (more than suspected, he attempted a pitiful crow today and tried to "practice" on one of the little girls yesterday, I didn't know they would do that this young!)

[​IMG]

EE-Chicken Hawk messing around in my potted flowers

[​IMG]

EE-Evie, who is going to a different friend this week

[​IMG]

Golden Comet- Lorie

[​IMG]

The girls are pretty friendly, if I sit out there on a chair in the run, within minutes I'll have between 3 and 5 getting up on my lap. I just adore them, even if they are spoiled little things.

2. Ladysonja

Ladysonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Porter, Texas
    Cute! Cute! Cute! [​IMG]

3. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Cute ladys, I love the teenager stage.

4. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

They're all pretty, but that chicken-hawk is a show-stopper! How precious! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  5. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

Thanks for the comments. Chicken Hawk actually used to be the homeliest of the chicks, now she's turned into a real knock-out, especially with her little cheek foofs.

6. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Beautiful Babies you have there [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by