My Girls are laying!! *Updated*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Teresaann24, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I went out this morning to feed my girls after hearing one of them making those happy egg laying sounds. They have done this before and I just pay no mind to it.To my surprise my little black silkie girl who is almost 7 months old laid her first egg!!!! I was so excited and surprised!!! I couldnt use it because it was frozen so I cracked it open to see if it was fertile because she is with my white silkie roo and sure enough its fertile!!! YAY I am so excited!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Congrats!! It's a daily excitement to find an egg. [​IMG]

3. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    YAY!!!! [​IMG]

4. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Isn't it great fun!!!!! Got my first silkie eggs right before christmas day and now up to 7!!! Enjoy! [​IMG]

5. sillybirds

sillybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2008
    California
    Congratulations! Are you going to hatch them?

6. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Congrats on your first silkie egg [​IMG]

7. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I won't be hatching any till I buy my first incubator which will prob be in march or april.

Then I'll prob be hatching and selling most all of the eggs my girls lay. I checked my other black silkie girl and my grey silkie girl and no eggs from them yet and they are the same age. The girl who is laying is beautiful she is very much SQ.

I can't wait to hatch eggs from her. The roo I am planning on using with her though is blue. So I am hoping for some nice chicks.

8. ella g

ella g New Egg

Aug 7, 2008
    We got our first eggs this week too! Girls are 6 months old and I thought I'd have to wait till march! Just one out of the 5 is laying, but it is indeed a treat.

9. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    yes it is very much a treat I have raised these girls from about 6-7 weeks old. I got 2 surprised my hen laid and I know my best roo is fertile..WOOHOO..LOL

10. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Congratulations on you first silkie egg. It's so eggciting. Every day when I go out to collect the eggs I feel like it's cristmas and they are giving me presents.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by