My girls are laying, well at least one is

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by dmartin, Dec 17, 2009.

1. dmartin

dmartin Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2009
    I'm fairly new to the site and have been away a while, but I couldn't wait to tell everyone that our 4 RIR's are starting to lay...or at least one of them is. I'm just getting 1 a day right now. It's like getting a present everyday. The only problem is they are laying where they are supposed to be roosting and visa versa. Since they have decided where they want to nest I guess being a good mommy I'll move their boxes to the other side of the coop. I don't know which one is laying Hazel, Dorothy, Gary Ella or Ms. Smith, I never thought (being a grown woman) I'd get so excited about eggs, my co-workers think I'm nuts, but I know you guys would understand.

2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    woo hoo! Congrats. I'm getting my first green eggs and duck eggs. Ok, so don't get overly egg-cited...it's one green egg and one duck egg a day right now. [​IMG]

me,
    g

3. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Those first eggs are always the very best! You'll never forget the taste of the first eggs your girls ever lay. Nothing in the stores can even come close! Congrats on your girls first efforts. And welcome to the BYC family. We will always understand this love that others think is sheer lunacy! [​IMG]

4. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    Great news- congrats. how old are they?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by