1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Girls are Losing Their "Peep, Peeps"

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JaciesCoop, Jun 12, 2008.

1. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    It's hard to believe that just 3 months ago I was holding these girls in the palm of my hands!
    I went out to feed this morning and instead of "peep peeps" from the 6 little ones and "cluck, cluck" from the 4 big girls, I hear "cluck, cluck" "hack hack". The little ones sound like little fog horns now!. They are growing up.

Of course pics below to show them off.

Left to right:
    Miss Maylene (red s. cochin), Miss Angel (white s.cochin) Miss Bounce (JG) Miss Leah (partride s.cochin) Miss J.J. (JG) and Miss Martha (gold lace s. cochin)
    They will be 3 mos. old next week.
    [​IMG]
    Close up of Miss Angel and Miss Maylene

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And just for fun. Mr. Christmas (Chris) and Miss Easter (Essie) who is 6weeks old.
    [​IMG]
    And a close up of one 4 big girls who is broodie and sitting on an EMPTY!!! nest!!!! This is Miss Esther a blue S. Cochin.
    [​IMG]
    Have a great day everyone and thanks for looking
    THE END
    [​IMG]
    Jacie

2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Such a nice looking bunch! They are growing up....

You'll have some eggs one of these days!

3. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:Thank you. We love all of them. (Well my hubby is not too crazy about Henry the Leghorn roo, but that's another story! [​IMG] ) The 4 big girls were giving me eggs everyday but have stopped due to the heat. [​IMG] Hopefully they will start laying again soon. What with the mister, the fan and the ice water! LOL!

What I'm really hoping for is some little ones from Essie the goose next spring. That would be great!
    Jacie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by