My girls are observing the Sabbath!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by countrygirl4513, Nov 27, 2007.

1. countrygirl4513

countrygirl4513 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    Portland TN
    This is not meant to offend anyone, but I have noticed that my girls won't lay on the Sabbath! Come Monday morning they are back at work. But never not once have I found 1 egg on Sunday! Believe me, I've been keeping watch and come Sunday they take a break. I think it is neat and yes probably a coincidence, but it is still neat!

2. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

They work for 6 days, and rest for one! How nice! [​IMG]

3. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I always think that on sundays or holidays that I won't get any eggs and then I remember that my chickens don't know what day it is. That is so cool.

4. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Interesting to say the least. It made me really miss my memory though........I could not keep track of when like that !

5. Windy Ridge

Windy Ridge Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Appalachia
    Haha, my girls started out like that, too, but I think they eventually lost track of the days. Have you ever thought it was Friday when it was really Thursday? It would probably be easier on them if the poor dears could read the calendar... !

[​IMG]

6. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    You should take em to church! All dressed up in their finery and all! Little chicken hats and basket purses! Maybe they are hinting! [​IMG]

It made me really miss my memory though........I could not keep track of when like that !

[​IMG]
    Okiechick I feel your pain! Since I retired I forget what day it is. And I dont get weekends any more everyday is the same.
    Randy​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by