My Girls at 3 Weeks Old Today - 26 Feb

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SarcasmPhD, Feb 26, 2015.

1. SarcasmPhD

SarcasmPhD Out Of The Brooder

I was at the local feed store today picking up food for the ladies. I checked out the chicks that they had arrive today. I can't believe how tiny my girls were just three weeks ago. I feel good that they are all in good health. And, when I get the bag of mealworms, fughettaboutit. As soon as they hear the bag, its on. They are starting to have their own personalities. My girl on the roost in the brooder, that is Curious Jane. I named her that because from day 1, she was always the first one to come to the door when I opened it. Now, she almost always flies up to greet me anytime I go out. She's almost too adventurous.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    They DO grow fast, don't they. 3 of our girls are 1 yr 4 months and the younger 12 girls are 10 months old. Hard to believe they were ever the tiny little things we could hold in the palm of our hand. Nothing's so cute as a baby chick but the big girl's really steal your heart.

Congrats on having healthy, happy chickens! (And you know, happy chickens lay lots of eggs, lol.)

1 person likes this.
  3. RJSorensen

RJSorensen Chicken George

Your chicks are adorable… and always nice to see someone whom is so pleased with a little fluff ball. You may want to try some crickets on your chicks in a week or so. The ones they have in the pet stores for lizards and such. Live prey, makes them crazy, mine also liked small worms and such as well. A tuft of grass with the dirt still on will teach them a lot of the out of doors. They have so much to do and learn, and you get to be the teacher. Mealworms, dried for me, are as you note a high point in the day. Got to love them chicks.

Best to you and your chicks,

RJ

1 person likes this.
  4. LoveThemBirds

LoveThemBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Petting Buffy Like a Dog
    Very cool!

My hens are two years this march!

1 person likes this.
  5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member