My Girls at 5 days old.

whillo

Songster
11 Years
Mar 6, 2009
Willamette Valley
Sweet daughter put this together for me. My problem is I take WAY too many pictures and never know which ones to post, so she decided for me. Thinking maybe I should put some on the "My Page"??

24369_collage.jpeg

Roobie: Silver Laced Wyandotte (Bright, alert, aggressive...almost scary. But she's warming up to me. Doesn't like to be picked up, but wants to be on top of me at all times. If there's the slightest noise, she's the one who is up and peering through the brooder box to see what's happening. Could this be Roo behavior? Hence, the ROO in Roobie.)

Skittles: Bantam Easter Egger. Skittles first name was Piss and Vinegar. She's a crack-up. She'll RUN to me when I first arrive, but will get bored easily and run off for something for interesting, like tapping the brooder walls.)

Mimi: Easter Egger (Such a beautiful fluffball. Huge head! Daughter's favorite!)

Sophia: White Silkie She's a bit of a priss and thinks she's a princess. Love her.)

Cosette: Bantam BRAHMA! (A bit aloof and a lot sweet.) Edited to add: Thank you akcountrygrrl for straightening me out on my chick i.d.s!

Lucy: Buff Orpington (What can I say about this girl? She's just beautiful.)

Mollie: Bantam Plymouth Rock (She's SO tiny now. Was the size of the other bantams but they're all, in just 5 days, twice her size now. Her instant calm and sweetness almost worries me. Hard to resist. Worry that she might be picked on if she doesn't toughen up! Does this happen? Anything I can do to stop it before it begins?)

Miss Bitty White: White Cochin (I love that yellow! This big girl's feathers haven't even begun to show yet. She's like this HUGE fluffy baby. Oh wait....she IS a big fluffy baby.)

Last edited:
love.gif

Very sweet! There is not much cuter than new chicks.
We just added 9 more babies to our flock. I must get some pictures for our chicken archives.

We love them! So many changes in just the 5 days. I can't believe how fast they grow.

This morning they were a bunch of snippy little girls so we turned on the light, strapped down the brooder wires (cat) and left them for the day to work. Came home tonight and they were like totally different chicks! All they wanted to do was cuddle. We accommodated them.

I know Firearia, Lucy seems to be a popular name for the chicklets!

Awww, they are so cute but I think you may have Skittles and Cosette mixed up. Brahmas don't have green legs and a beard and muff (Skittles does) plus they have feathered legs (Skittles doesn't appear to) but it looks like Cosette has feathered legs and no beard/muff.

akcountrygrrl, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! So my Skittles is an Easter Egger!!! I'm sure I would have been very confused at a certain point if my little Cosette started looking like that Brahma. The only pictures I had to go on with the chicks were the ones from My Pet Chicken, which are pretty good pictures, but with the Easter Eggers, they could be so many different colors and they don't guarantee what color you're getting. (Fine with me) Just nice to know what I'm looking at now! I really appreciate it. Total newbie to this chick thing and every day when those little feathers get longer and those little tails start showing up, it amazes me. I'm so curious to see what's next!

Back
Top Bottom