My Girls Eye

CAJUN_CHICK

In the Brooder
Oct 11, 2019
Louisiana
23E98B47-CB1E-4099-BD5D-6D43A3D3A58B.jpeg
My girls eye this morning no leaking no crusting otherwise seems fine. Advise please, TIA

View attachment 1976724 My girls eye this morning no leaking no crusting otherwise seems fine. Advise please, TIA
I would flush the eye with saline. Look in it really well to see if there's any debris that may be stuck in there irritating it (bedding, piece of food, etc.). Remove any debris or pus, then apply an eye ointment like Terramycin (2-3 times a day).
Hopefully it's from some type of irritant. Could be conjunctivitis associated with eye infection and respiratory disease. Keep watch on her to see if it worsens or if she develops other symptoms.

I would flush the eye with saline. Look in it really well to see if there's any debris that may be stuck in there irritating it (bedding, piece of food, etc.). Remove any debris or pus, then apply an eye ointment like Terramycin (2-3 times a day).
Hopefully it's from some type of irritant. Could be conjunctivitis associated with eye infection and respiratory disease. Keep watch on her to see if it worsens or if she develops other symptoms.
Thank you

Good Morning, I have done cleaned my girls eye and used Terramycin for 10 days the eye is no worse but also no better. Still no other symptoms. Any other advice?

Good Morning, I have done cleaned my girls eye and used Terramycin for 10 days the eye is no worse but also no better. Still no other symptoms. Any other advice?
I'm sorry to hear this is not getting better.

Is there any pus in the eye that needs to be removed? (any swelling under or around the eye)

You can try and antibiotic like Tylosin to see if that makes a difference. You would need to order that online. https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/

I'm sorry to hear this is not getting better.

Is there any pus in the eye that needs to be removed? (any swelling under or around the eye)

You can try and antibiotic like Tylosin to see if that makes a difference. You would need to order that online. https://www.jedds.com/shop/tylan-soluble-100-g/
12-14-19.JPG
This is a pic I took last Saturday 12/14/19 after cleaning it again and putting the Terrimycan. There is still no other symptoms. I am at a loss as what could be the issue.

View attachment 1984501This is a pic I took last Saturday 12/14/19 after cleaning it again and putting the Terrimycan. There is still no other symptoms. I am at a loss as what could be the issue.
I don't know what could be causing that. Conjunctivitis does come to mind, but if you've been cleaning it and using Terramycin for 10days and no better/worse and no other symptoms...I just don't know.
@Eggcessive may have more suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom