My girl's first day outside!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by MTChick2009, May 10, 2009.

1. MTChick2009

MTChick2009 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    Montana
    It was finally sunny and nice outside today, so they got to play outside, they were not sure what to make of it all at first, but quickly caught on that it was fun and new, and they even caught a few bugs! Yay, let the chicken pest control begin! Hopefully their new coop will be done soon and they can live outside, they loved it so much, and my dog loved to watch them, she's pretty sure that it is her job to watch and protect them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Paw is not food! LOL

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwwww, love the look on your dog's face in the 2nd pic! Priceless! Those are great pics, thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

3. MrsJWells

MrsJWells Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    Omaha
    Too cute! I swear your dog is smiling in the one picture...as if she is saying I love being a mom to these chicks! Tooo cool!

4. briana1975

briana1975 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Carleton Mi.
    Isn't the fisrt day out fun to watch.

5. windtryst

windtryst Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    What a nice dog!!

6. MTChick2009

MTChick2009 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    Montana
    Yes, I was so impressed with my dog, Aussie, she really loved being by them, she slept next to the brooder the first few nights we had them. When the other dogs came out to visit, she was very protective, and did not like them getting to close to her flock! LOL

They are Hubbard ISA browns, which I think may also be called gold sex links or gold comets, not too sure tho [​IMG]

7. chicken_china_mom

chicken_china_mom Crazy for Cochins

Apr 24, 2009
    Tab, Indiana
    That's too cute. I love the pics. I wanted to take my feathered kids outside today but it was windy and didn't get above 67, and I wasn't sure it was warm enough outside for them. Maybe if tomorrow is nicer I will.

8. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    so cute the way there feathers are growing in, it makes them looked frizzled in these pics lol

9. ChickenCharmer

ChickenCharmer Chillin' With My Peeps

That's so sweet! good for the peeps to have such a devoted protector! Develop the friendships early on! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by