My girls gave me a scare....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Jolyn, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Jolyn

Jolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    Northern California
    I was out this morning at the park with my boys and we got back about 12:10. We always go check on the girls and they usually come around the corner when they hear us. Today however only two showed up. I went to the other side of the run and no one was there. I looked inside the coop and nope not a girl in sight. Then i start to freak. I am looking all over the run to see if something got in. Nope......I didn't go around the backside....but i decided to just go in the run. There is a little area in the back....kind of a little walk way......and thank God there they all sat dusting themselves. They looked sooooooo happy and yet didn't have a clue they had almost given me a heart attack.

Now it's pretty funny to think what a panic these nine chickens just gave me.....

But they are all ok and that's all that matters. [​IMG]

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Chickens will find the best way to scare you thoroughly, won't they?

[​IMG]

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    oh yeah, they do like to give us heart attacks don't they? My mom called me during a training today to tell my Blue Rooster was missing! I was about to tell a group of teachers I was cancelling class, I had an emergency! My mom called me back and told me she found him,, he had gotten up in the Mulberry tree in the front yard and couldn't get down, so my chicken-hating dad climbed the tree and rescued my rooster. My dad is 77,,,,, I owe him a steak (not chicken) dinner!

4. blurose

blurose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Winston, Oregon
    Writerofwords--I think you should had some sauteed mushrooms to that steak, and don't forget the potatoe with all the fixins. For a man that age and who hates to chickens to do that, he must love you mucho.

Yep, when we least expect it, just like kids, our chickens will do something that ages us overnight, and they are oblivious to the stress they've caused us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by