My Girls Hanging Out On The Deck- Can I Come In?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by nancypo, Jul 12, 2010.

1. nancypo

nancypo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Boise
    My Coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. CalebtheChicken

CalebtheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    Haha, cool.

3. nancypo

nancypo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2010
    Boise
    My Coop
    Yes, but I wouldn't let them past the floor mat... They come and tap on the glass when they want to say hi!

4. CalebtheChicken

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    My mom won't let my chickens on the porch, when ones comes on... she brushes it off with the broom.

5. Iluvmypeeps

Iluvmypeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Arizona
    Quote:Come on, how could someone resist those faces?

Quote:My chickens do this quite frequently, so much so that they feel comfortable enough to sneak through my legs while I'm going in. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I find lately I've been typing the word "adorable" a great deal. But, really, that's adorable! Those pictures make me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

My girls - and the Cayuga duck pair - will stand in the doorway and look like they want to come in - I can almost hear it in my imagination: "Think she'll notice? Are there goodies in here? Is that stupid dog around? Look - there's something that MUST be treats in that dish there, and I bet that's water in that other dish! She always come out this door, and sometimes she has treats with her. Wonder where she keeps the treats? Where did she go? Is she getting us treats?"

I'd take pictures and share 'em but I'm a HORRIBLE housekeeper. (I've discovered this by seeing the evidence in photographs I've taken and e-mailed to my friends.... and somebody commented. Yikes!)

7. bildo6

bildo6 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2010
    florida
    our 4 hens like to wander in the house if we leave the back door open. since we dont use our a/c we tend to leave the windows and doors open a lot.

we send our 3 y/o after them. we say "mila there is a chicken in teh house" and she goes running yelling "shoosh shoosh chickens!!"

its pretty cute

8. CalebtheChicken

Jun 5, 2010
    Jeremiah, Ky.
    Quote:Come on, how could someone resist those faces?

Quote:My chickens do this quite frequently, so much so that they feel comfortable enough to sneak through my legs while I'm going in. [​IMG]

She doesn't care about the birds, just their poop.

9. gordonburrito

gordonburrito Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Mid-Missouri
    Reminds me of my own chickens. I've renamed our back deck the "poop deck" due to our regular chicken visits. We get lots of knocks on the door.....Hey buddy...come feed us treats! or Hey I've lost the rest of my flock can you help? Very cute pictures [​IMG] I guess the question is why do chickens love decks so much? Seems to be a well documented phenomenon.

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    My flock visits the porch every day...usually anywhere from 5 - 15 of them at a time. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by