My girls love their grapes!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BethieofVA, May 24, 2010.

1. BethieofVA

BethieofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia

2. ande03

ande03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Just gave my ladies some this morning!! They're still checking them out and playing with them more than eating them though [​IMG]!

3. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    Quote:That is cute.

4. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Dont Peck My Toes [​IMG]

5. NHchicks

NHchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    My girls love grapes, too! I think they swallow them whole.

I really like your coop setup! And the way you did the veggie garden around the coop is a great idea. My husband always wants things to look like they came out of Better Homes & Gardens but to me, a coop is a coop, whatever. But yours looks so nice I'll show it to him and maybe he'll want to do a setup like that - thanks!

6. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

LOVE the coop and run set up . . .that is the way we are going to do ours. I even printed your picture off when it was first posted so we would have a guide. Love the idea of the privacy fence on one side. Cute hens and they really do love those grapes!!

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    They are beautiful little girls. Mine love grapes, blueberries, honeydew and watermelon. OMG in the summer when it is hot, I buy watermelon for them and refrigerate them for a day or so and let them get real cold and then cut it in half and put half in their run. They love it and it helps them cool off. They also love steamed rice and baked sweet potatoes. Wow they go nuts for that.

8. BethieofVA

BethieofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    Thank you all for the nice compliments. There is another video link on here that shows more of our setup. I will see if I can find it if you are interested. [​IMG]

Here it is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEQTrPIsNT4

Just
    last night we added a lexane window to the back of the coop for more light. I think they were having difficulty mounting the roost. They all wanted to get on by the pop door.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Absolutely precious girls. I love your setup and I know they will be happy girls living there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by