My girls make me laugh every day

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Panthus, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Panthus

Panthus Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2011
    I've had them for roughly 2-3 months now and we have bonded immensely. I'm not a hugger or even a picker-upper of my girls but I do love how they run right upto me and follow me every where i go in the garden. They know my voice. They beg like a dog. The squat when I'm near for a pat. ( I think it's a pat, I'm too big to be a rooster ;-) ) they are just adorable.

Here's a video of one of my girls not long after she started laying. She was acting silly in the corner so i grabbed the camera. Sure enough she had just laid the egg when i started filming (clearly NOT a videographer by trade!) [​IMG] i do like how she has to check between her legs to find out what the heck happened then realises what it is and announces her amazement. I had absolutely no idea chickens could be soooooooooooo loud!!!! Gosh it makes me laugh.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. kcjones

kcjones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Great video , i was lucky enough to see the first egg from my girls, only because she rejected all the nesting boxs i put out . once i found a box she considered suitable , she jumped in and laid her egg.

3. Marcymom3

Marcymom3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Love the video! [​IMG]

4. MontanaChickenLady

MontanaChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2011
    Beautiful Montana
    Don't you just LOVE [​IMG] their egg song? One day our neighbor came running through the fences (we don't live that close together) when he and his wife heard this commotion coming from our chickens as they thought the fox was back.....one of the girls was just laying an egg. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  5. dracutgirl

dracutgirl New Egg

Nov 4, 2010
    Is your hen a gingernut ranger? I love my hens named betty and wilma! they are so fun and love to follow me and really like me! (i hope so) !

6. ninabeast

ninabeast Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Upstate New York
    I caught Abby's first egg IN MY HAND. It was amazing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by