My Girls - Pic Heavy

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by NewToFarming, Jun 25, 2010.

1. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    It seems like forever since I posted on here but I have been very busy and not feeling well on top of it all. PLus a Boston Terrier mysteriusly showed up on our farm! [​IMG]

I was able to get some new pics of the girls (I think) and was wondering if you could help with identifying the breed. These are my first chicks so I have no idea what they might be except for the naked necks! [​IMG]

I have just recently got them into their middle pen outside. I will keep them in here for awhile before moving them to their area that will be in the barn. They absolutely loved it once they got out of their smaller area in the house and into this. They were running & jumping around like little kids. I really enjoy them!!! They are a little over 3 weeks old now.

This is the larger area
    [​IMG]

I put a dog house inside the pen for added protection for them but have not done anything but bounce around in there a few times
    [​IMG]

Just had to add this pic because it is one of my favorites!
    [​IMG]

I am not sure what these might be...I have several of them.
    [​IMG]

This little one is white but kind of has a silvery appearance to her feathers & head. She obviously loves her picture take too! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one was poofier as a chick and bigger than most of the others. I have 2 of these
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I believe this might be a Leghorn??? I have several of these also.
    [​IMG]

Lastly, here is one of my NN...I think they are gorgeus!
    [​IMG]

Hanging out!

[​IMG]

Thanks for all of your help. I am really enjoying them and have learned alot from here on their care. So far, so good! I have 22 out of the 25 sent to me. One was dead on arrival, one had a deformity and died in about a week and the other I have no idea. It died the day after it arrived but didn't have any indication anything was wrong.

My next adventure will be Silkies! [​IMG]

2. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice looking chickies!

#1 I say Brown Leghorns [​IMG] looks like the chicks I've had before.
    #2 - not sure...not a leghorn...
    #3 Easter Eggers
    #4 that white - looks like a white leghorn to me as well

Again they are good looking.

I love my silkies, they are funny looking enjoyable things. if you like naked necks look into showgirls!

3. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Thanks!
    I did a search on show girls and now it looks like I will have to work on getting these and the silkies next! They are gorgeous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by