My girls Roaming the back yard.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ShannonS79, Aug 24, 2010.

1. ShannonS79

ShannonS79 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    They are 17 weeks and all EEs, I love them!
    [​IMG]

2. foxchasr

foxchasr Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2009
    What beauties! And obviously you have a gorgeous backyard .... how do you keep your flock out of your garden????????? Please let me know ... I have 5 free ranging chickens and 2 roos and about an acre and half in my backyard and they make a bee line for my koi pond and small garden and have uprooted everything! Your backyard looks so nice and well-maintained. I'm jealous!

3. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    My flock is in my garden everytime they free range! they do not tear anything up, though because my hens arent very good scratchers. Only my roo can do damage!

4. ShannonS79

ShannonS79 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    I'm mean and have the garden fenced off from the rest of the yard (originally it was to keep the babies out, but now the kids know how to work the gate latches). They do get access to the raspberry bushes which they LOVE. I don't mind either because it's probably pretty good shelter from any overhead predators and it's not like they can reach the berries.
    They don't have much interest in the flower beds, except the one with the bird feeder, the bark flies everywhere there when they are hunting for seeds the birds dropped.

So the funniest sound EVER is when they are running around on the deck, lol!! for such a small animal, they make a lot of noise with their feet! Hubby recently re-stained it, so we are trying to keep them off, but I always laugh when I see them at the back door and hear them running.

Thanks for the complements on the beautiful girls (I love their muffs and beards!) and the yard, my hubby does a wonderful job on it. [​IMG]

5. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    Beautiful flock! I love EE's!!!

6. Trophamus

Trophamus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Nottingham, UK
    wow! i love the variaty!! [​IMG]

7. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm