1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My girls say "YES WE CAN!"

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by FloridaChickenChick, Nov 5, 2008.

1. FloridaChickenChick

FloridaChickenChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    My husband walked in this morning and said very seriously, "You'd better go look in the coop." I dropped everything and ran because the way he sounded I was convinced there were half a dozen dead birds in there...but instead, I found the prettiest little brown egg I've ever seen.

That it should happen this morning, of all mornings, just brings me the deepest joy.

2. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    what a blessing! go little pullets, go!!!

3. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    [​IMG] Congratulations! I tell mine every morning think eggs..Cant wait to get my first one.

4. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Congrats on the egg.

5. Morning Dove

Morning Dove Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    [​IMG]
    I still have no eggs from my hens!

Can anyone point me to a vido that includes the sound of this egg laying squawk?

Dove

6. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Is their a political undertone here? [​IMG] Now, He can make your chickens lay eggs, too? [​IMG]

7. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations! And getr ready for lots more...[​IMG]

8. FloridaChickenChick

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    9 chickens, 3 days, 3 gorgeous eggs...each one a tad larger...I think she's getting the hang of it! I can't wait to figure out who it is!

I'm proud of ALL of my girls, though. Still can't believe they're all grown up! And Lynne, I'm ready for more! I have friends who are lined up. :) They've saved their egg cartons for me, so I guess I gotta share!

9. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Congrats! That sounds like my hubby. He never goes to the coop and went to shut the door and found a baby egg in the run...it must have fell out of her and she didn't know what to do. He didn't tell me just to go take a look! I still have that egg. It is the smallest one I ever got!! I'm sure it's all white and no yolk but I'll never know!

10. FloridaChickenChick

May 23, 2008
    Lake County, Florida
    OMG, I'm so glad you still have it.

I thought I might be crazy. I had my daughter take pictures of this one and I'm carrying the egg in my purse wrapped in several layers of paper towels and in a zip lock baggie. I have shown it to anyone who makes the mistake of acknowledging my presence.

:)

Yep...the crazy chicken lady...they fear me in the post office...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by