My girls sneeze have started sneezing...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Horse-n-bunny, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Horse-n-bunny

Horse-n-bunny Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2012
    Connecticut
    Hi everyone,

I am a new chciken daddy and have had my girls for 5 weeks (they are 3-4 months old) recently they have started sneezing...im not sure what tbis means or if it is a problem...it has been in the upper 20s at night and 30's or 40's during the day... they stay mostly in the coop but i let them free range under supervision for a few hours too... thanks in advance for your advice...btw they are 2 barred rocks and one sliver wynandot (i think)

[​IMG]

2. eggsnchicks

eggsnchicks Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2012
    Welcome, Horse-N-Bunny!

1 person likes this.
  3. Horse-n-bunny

Dec 1, 2012
    Connecticut
    thanks eggsnchicks

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Horse-n-bunny, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! I would advise posting over in the Emergencies, Diseases, Injuries & Cures thread - I'm sure some folks over there will be able to give you some good advice. Best wishes!

5. Horse-n-bunny

Dec 1, 2012
    Connecticut
    okay thanks...learning how to navigate page still and figure out where everything is

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
  7. Horse-n-bunny

Dec 1, 2012
    Connecticut
    hi and thanks for your response.... i clean it every week (only 4 weeks so far) and always put fresh pine shavings down and try to keep it clean as possible... my avatar is picture of my coop and it has a small sliding dorr about 4" big for ventilation as well as the door itself into the coop which i leave open about a half inch when it isnt fully open...otherwise its open and they can go into the run below or out in the yard to free range when im home... anyadvice is apppreciated

thanks and peace
    Horse-n-bunny

8. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    That sounds good. I think you should post in the emergencies section, just click on the link I've posted for you above. Sneezing can be caused by something simple like dust or something more serious like illness. Give as much detail as possible, like change of habits etc to help the other members help you. Good luck!

9. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by