My girls spent the night in their new coop!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Yardbirds286, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Yardbirds286

Yardbirds286 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Western Mass
    They where all alive this morning!! Such a mile stone. I felt like I was sending my kids to college or something. Here is the cute thing. My DH, who didn't really love the thought of chickens. Yeah, he went out with a flashlight, not once, or twice, but three times to check on them. I could hear him out the window, "hi girls, you all ok?" I gotta love that guy. [​IMG]

2. PortageGirl

PortageGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    Portage County, Ohio
    AWWWWWWW! That's all great and yeah, sweet hubby, he's a keeper alright! There aughta be more like that!

3. SweetPeaScott

SweetPeaScott Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2010
    When he was checking on the kids outside...what were they doing? Were they quiet and laying down together, up on a roost, active? I'm a checker too.

4. Willow's Meadow

Willow's Meadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    AWWWW!!!! Cool! I can't wait for my'n to go out!!!! But I am worried!

5. Yardbirds286

Jan 7, 2009
    Western Mass
    Quote:He said they were all quiet, and perched together in a line on their roost. They were so happy this morning. Jumping, and running! In a few minutes one decided to go back in her new house for a bite to eat. Then, she was back at it. They were ready. [​IMG] I tell ya, if I could clone my DH and give one to all the gals I know who have less than great husbands I would. He's a keeper.

6. girlychick

girlychick Chillin' With My Peeps

That's great!
    Hey quick question how old where they? Were trying to figure out when to put out little chicks out there

7. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Woodinville
    I think its cute when our menfolk take interest in what the gals do. [​IMG]

8. Yardbirds286

Jan 7, 2009
    Western Mass
    Quote:They are between eight, and nine weeks old. We are having a horrible heat wave here so I am thinking about putting them back in their brooder during the heat of the day. Tonight they even went in by themselves!!!

9. nuttyredhead

nuttyredhead Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Southern NH
    That is sooo sweet! Glad they were all safe and happy!

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

My four 8 week olds survived their first night out in the coop last night, too. (Not that I doubted it, but..... they peeped for SO long!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by