My girls were loving that January thaw! And now...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickbea, Jan 14, 2008.

1. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Well, you have to love the Northeast for a variety in weather, that's for sure!

Yesterday my girls were romping about the yard in 50 degree weather, making a dustbath under the porch, finding half-frozen bugs and larvae, and now they are stuck back in the coop with a howling wind bringing things right back down around zero! They are looking sadly out the window...
    [​IMG]

2. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Yup, my girls here in soutern New England aren't happy either. We've made it up into the 40s today but with all the snow we got last night they're refusing to even stick their heads out the coop door.

3. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    I know, I'm not happy about this...especially the snow. [​IMG] It's snowing like crazy.

4. Roux

Roux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feeling your pain in NH too! I just took my kiddos a big buffet of goodies (crickets, mealworms, cracked corn, grapes & tomatoes), as a peace offering for having to lock them back up again.

Can't wait for spring!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  5. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Here in WI we are around 17 degrees with high winds for a windchill of 1 degree. The temps are suppose to go down from here this week and have lower single digits for highs late in the week. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by