My girls won't touch that snow!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pointyp, Jan 6, 2011.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    hello.
    mine dont mind the snow too much. i have one chicken that flys across the yard... to find gravel of any kind!! lol!!! [​IMG]

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I love Miss Tutu!

3. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    Mine took a LONG time to get used to it! They wouldn't even go outside to roost on their favorite roost for a long time... One day, they discovered how fun it was to peck it, and ever since, they've loved it... [​IMG] Chickens think in mysterious ways [​IMG]

4. lol... yea, we have all been there on that one. first week they look at it like it will kill them, second week they put a toe in it and shudder, third week they are flying across it to find grass and gravel, by the fourth week they are so dang 'cooped up' they could care less and just ' tiptoe through the tulips'........[​IMG]

5. iluvsedward

iluvsedward Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2010
    Calvert county MD
    my chickens hate snow, they won't go near it! [​IMG]

6. mine are soooo spoiled, they make me shovel my yard and theirs for a matter of fact.

SPOILED!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    LOL... My chickens aren't lucky enough fro me to shovel for them... I just force them to go out! LOL

My Buff Orps seem to like it better than the Comets... Hmmm. They usually do a dance when they walk across it... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Ironmaiden

Ironmaiden Chicken Maiden

Jun 14, 2010
    Kansas
    Those are GREAT pics! How funny is THAT! [​IMG]

9. shareverwonder

shareverwonder Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Northern Ohio
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

I do the same thing for my girls. (Although it makes it easier for me as well)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by