My goat dog!! PICS

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by lil'chickies, Mar 26, 2009.

1. lil'chickies

lil'chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    West Texas
    I have pics of him sleeping in the dog house. He seriously thinks he's one of the dogs...

Him standing outside.
    [​IMG]

Yes that is my huge lab laying there. I had to take the pic through the window, and since it rained they got it dirty. Guess I should wash it.
    [​IMG]

It's way cool how all my "pets" get along. At one point we had the goat, two dogs, and one of our outside cats in the doghouse together. My cats are scared of the chickens and ducks right now. One of our kitties is pregnant... again. More babies on the farm!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  2. dfunnyfarm

dfunnyfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    ks
    How cute! Thanks for the smile.

3. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Goats and sheep seem particularly prone to imprinting on other species...mostly dogs and humans. Thankfully it's not a doe-often does that imprint either don't breed or reject babies.

4. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    That's so cute! I've had a few that believed they were dogs, I had one that liked to chase the neighbor's truck, and enjoyed digging holes (actually the dogs dug them, but she liked to think she helped, she'd climb in and scrape around w/ her feet and horns).

Last year my baby did not believe she belonged w/ the goats, and was completely discusted by the idea. In her case I don't know why, she was raised w/ the goats, but I guess it didn't take, she was fine while I was keeping them all in the yard, but when I moved back w/ mom and they had to go in the goat pen, she just wasn't having any of it, she was a real excape artist, and prefered to spend her time w/ me and/or the dogs. Here she is hanging out w/ her canine family,
    [​IMG]

I don't know that I would agree that it causes maternal problems for does, I've never had a problem w/ one being bred or raising their kids. I have a doe that kidded this year, being a FF I really wanted to be there for her, but I missed it! She had both cleaned up and nursing when I found them. She's an excellent mom!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

thats just toooo funny! Love it!

6. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    here's mine.. there're 3 of them, the other one is with another dog...

[​IMG]

7. SLM

SLM Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    Northern Ontario
    [​IMG] That is so cute.

I loved the goat stories, will not share with boys as they will want a goat too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by