1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my goaties!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by sdshoars, Sep 26, 2008.

1. sdshoars

sdshoars Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    the brown guy is bo, my wether, and the black/white is daisy, my doeling, and i just had to include pictures of the pullets! yay!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    what YOU lookin' at??? huh?!?!

2. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    they are very cute. Your doeling does look way too young to breed any time soon...but I'm sure once she's ready she will give you some nice kids.

3. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    *sigh* it wont be anytime soon, i will wait until she puts on weight. if she doesnt make weight, then she wont get bred this year.

4. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    I just love the doeling as she looks like my girl Rosie and she is 1/2 Alpine and 1/2 Nigerian...Her mother was full Alpine but all I had at the time was a Nigi buck but thats ok...I personally would wait till she is at least 1 before breeding so she is mature enough to handle it. Some dont but this is just what I do. The wether looks to be a Togg to me ? Also they will soon need a bigger area to play and browse. Yep that small of a place wont last as they will start jumping...dont ask me how I know...lol...Good luck with your babies.

5. sdshoars

May 12, 2008
    Texas
    that area is strictly where they sleep. they have an acre to themselves. and they both are alpines.

6. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Very cute goaties.

7. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Very cute goaties! What a darling coop for those little ladies! That's a sweet pic of you giving them treats! That buff colored one looks like she's just loaded with personality.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by