My goats are ruining my health

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by melody123, Dec 26, 2009.

1. melody123

melody123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Oregon
    I lent out part of my herd for brush removal and didn't get them home before breeding season, so I now have 17 baby goats. Which is normally is wonderful thing, but they are bad for my health.

The other day I moved a new mother goat and her babies into a pen for their safety. The mother goat was very wild from being away from people and extremely stubborn and hard to move. But I was able to drag her into the pen and all was well, until about 2 minutes later when I bent down to pick up something small and felt a tinge in my back. That tinge progressed to me being on large doses of ibuprophen and my literally crawling to the bathroom because I couldn't stand up without extreme pain.

The crazy goat that caused all this didn't even accept her babies. If my back wasn't messed up I could have worked with her until she did. [​IMG] Luckily a few other goats kidded about the same time and they took them without being asked to. One of the babies is being nursed by two different mommas, neither one is related to her. Which is wonderful since I was unable to keep bottle feeding the little ones.

They are all growing, running around, jumping and playing. While I am trapped in the house, and stuck in bed over Christmas.[​IMG]

2. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sure that would "get my goat", too!

Hope you get to feeling better soon.

(I often pull my knees up to my chin while laying on my back and hold that position for a while. It seems to relieve the back-pain some.)

You MIGHT give that a try,
    -Junkmanme- [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by