my god this is killing me

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by VioletandBodie, Aug 17, 2010.

1. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    First are order was to small (polishes:drool from back yard chickens and sexed female so that was good we cant have males because of noise and i could never think of raising a baby then having it killed or giving it away to never know what happened.) So then we emailed a guy for dark Brahmas(sp) (After are order was to small these were strait run with no posiblitys of sexing untill they got there feathering.) So then we were going to get them sometime this week. (we could not sex them yet and he would not take them back if they were boys. (we even offer 25$ more to know we could trade for girls) he wounld not tack the offer. Then we thought no for males we cant so we backed out...Then he assured us they didn't crow (highly dought the but what ever) so we were back on (to get the chicks after we declined) then today the want to send us are chicks (from mypetchickens hatchery) but were going to have to go to Milwaukee to get them.:/That is sort of a big hashle to do with the cuntrution in are area. Well there sexed females, vaccinated, and polish. Witch is what we really wanted. Were going to try mainly because we payed 65$ and they wont give are money back (its vary in convent because my mom works and my dads one of "those" people who will complain and wine. Like he was when we picked up are FREE chicken coop because he got mud on his car (it isn't that nice of a car but what do i know I'm a girl and i shouldn't complain or wine but i can listen to him wine all day long) so were going to try and get him to do it, In the mean time i feel bad for this guy who is will to sell us 3 chicks for 9$ with parents that are some great shower and win every time... and once again were saying never mind if we cant get these chicks ( from the hatchery, they didn't mail them yet) he may just say sorry I'm not selling to you and i need to get chicks in the next two weeks or not at all (because of school and i want to be there full time during there first weeks) [​IMG] I'm sorry I'm complaining to you guys but i fell terrible for him and for for my chicks who will be shipped to Milwaukee where we have to go pick them up (a few hour drive) and I'm worried they will get hurt or sick waiting for us to get there. (sorry I'm doing it again) i just want every one to be happy. i will delete this if its to inappropriate

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    Sweetie, that was just too hard to read. I am not sure what you are asking, or what you are trying to say here, but using some sentence structure and paragraphs would help make it easier to read and understand. I am not usually the grammar or writing police, but this one was just overwhelming.

3. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    Stop. Breathe. I think you need to break this down to the bare bones. If I understand correctly, you've already invested 65 dollars, nonrefundable. In a straight run (non-sexed) order you will get approx. a 50/50 gender split. I know you don't want roosters, but I bet you'd be able to find some people who would take some roos for meat. And you will at least not have lost your whole investment. Also, just as an aside; as a parent, and a young daughter once myself, you may find that you get further with reason than ranting. Even if you don't, you'll feel better about yourself at the end of the day. Remember, stop, breathe, think. Good luck!

4. sunshine23

sunshine23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    Hialeah, FL
    Quote:I felt a strong urge to express this same feeling after reading this last night [​IMG] but I didn't want to sound mean [​IMG]

5. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    I realize that roosters are not what you want and quite frankly there are too many for most of us. All roosters crow unless they are on the table. No way to stop them so don't try. Make your plan now as to what your going to do with roosters cuz even if you don't get one now sooner or later one will pop up in the group. It just happens.

Live and learn and know we ALL go through some problems now and again with our chickens. Except of course for those Martha Stewart types on here who always have to make comments that THEY and THEIRS are just perfect. Just ignore them. Lord have mercy you'd think their chickens wore halos. Who needs them?

Anyhow this to will pass and you'll be watching your chickens and enjoying every minute of it. Tell Dad to read about the Samonella outbreak in Iowa and he'll come around. Tell him I said chickens are good for his high blood pressure. I know mine has gone down since the chickens came.

Be calm and carry on.

Wishing you the best

Rancher no high blood pressure Hicks

6. duck walk

duck walk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2009
    white springs, fl
    I am very sorry about your problem but PLEASE...take an English course...the grammar and misuse made the post so very difficult to read and comprehend...I am not trying to be mean but you can not go very far in life without reading, spelling, punctuation, the grasp of your language skills...help yourself...

[​IMG]

7. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Folks, please be understanding. I just went back and read Sara's (Violet & Bodie's) member profile and earlier posts. She posted previously that she has both Dyslexia and A.D.D. She also stated that she is extremely shy.

Her post here pretty clearly shows indications of a learning disability to me.

Sara, Please don't be discouraged.

8. sunshine23

sunshine23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2010
    Hialeah, FL
    Sarah hon I'm sorry, we had no idea, please don't be discouraged, I promise we will our best to help you. [​IMG]

9. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

I totally understand. [​IMG] Go ahead and rant here, it can be helpful.

The shipped chicks should be fine, waiting for you to pick them up – it might be a bit inconvenient for your dad, but maybe you could do something special for him – this might be something to ask your mom about (what nice thing could I do for dad?). I had some chickens shipped to me a couple months ago, and was a nervous wreck until I picked them up, so be easy on yourself – it is natural to care and worry.

As for the other chicks, it is possible that the gentleman who owns them will say “I am no longer interested in selling these to you” – it can be hard on the seller, just like it is hard on you, for it to be a sale then a no sale and then sale again. But many people will/would understand if you explain it to them and lots of people understand not being able to get chicks cause of the potential for cockerels or roosters being in the mix.

Good luck and hopefully you can post pictures of your chicks when you do pick them up.

10. VioletandBodie

VioletandBodie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2010
    port
    I did edit it a bit... tried at least. I could try offering something but i really don't know what i could do for him, but i will ask my mother when she gets home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by