1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Golden Wyandott died.....

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by texasfemale, Jun 13, 2016.

1. texasfemale

texasfemale Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2015
    Ok so she was fine laid her egg, was out & about in the yard, all normal. I go out around 8:30 to close their pen & she's on the ground, heavy breathing. I pick her up to look at her & she had this milky yellowish white stinky discharge, she was very unstable standing. By 9pm she was dead! WTH.... I googled, closest thing I could find was "nasty chicken butt", however I really don't think that's what it was. My other chickens & ducks are fine. Anyone have a clue what could have killed her? Thanks in advance-
    *** Forgot to mention her crown was turning black***
    I just noticed one of my buffs' crown is a little discolored but acting normal....

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  2. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    I had the same thing happened to my pullets on Saturday night. It is a mystery to me.

3. Weehopper

Weehopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2015
    Maybe she picked up something that poisoned her? Would be nice to take her to your local extension office and get an autopsie.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by