1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My goofy roo

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by coffeenutdesign, Sep 29, 2012.

1. coffeenutdesign

coffeenutdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2012
    Texas
    thought he'd try being a hen for a while. I went to check them in the coop today since it was raining and I didn't let them out. My roo just hopped up in one of the nesting boxes, hid behind the "privacy board" I had put up and was settling in like a hen about to lay. I've never seen him do that before. It was so funny. I guess he was bored and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. [​IMG]

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    One of my silkie rooster tried to be a "Broody" hen it lasts a few days! I guess he was jealous!

3. CrzyCknLady

CrzyCknLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    My roo "Sam" is the low man on the totem pole around here and I often have to shove him out of the nesting boxes....I wouldn't mind if he sat in them but he poops all over the hay when he's in there and I have to clean it out after he has been in them.......some roosters are so weird! :)

4. coffeenutdesign

coffeenutdesign Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2012
    Texas
    That's funny! Sympathy broodiness. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by