MY goose eggs are soon to hatch!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by goose man al, Apr 30, 2009.

1. goose man al

goose man al Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    Wisconsin
    How can you tell if your chick has pipped the air sack. And what dose it mean when the eggs are rocking around?

2. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    Quote:You can usually see a pip unless it is on the other side of the egg. if the eggs are rocking it means they are trying to hatch their way on out.
    Good luck!

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    If you are asking about the air sac, you are probably trying to candle. If you are candling the egg and it has pipped the air cell, you would see the beak/bill in the air cell, instead of the usual nothing. Or, if it is really in there, you won't see much of anything in the air cell, and it will all be dark. What day are your eggs on?

4. Shanay235

Shanay235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    WV
    If it has pipped into the aircell, you'll be able to see the shadow of it's head and bill if you candle the egg. You should also be able to it pecking at the shell if you hold it up to your ear. Sometimes, not always though, they make peeping noises while still in the egg.

If you eggs are a rocking, they're really close to hatching. The gosling is either actively trying to hatch or has gotten big enough that it's every move is making the egg rock.

Just remember, opening the incubator too much causes temp. and humidity levels to drop and is not good for the hatch. If you do decide to candle and/or listen to the egg(s), do it quickly and not very often.

5. goose man al

goose man al Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the help I candles my eggs and in one of them I could c the chick trying to peck it's way out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by