My goose is acting strange

Discussion in 'Geese' started by kimtastic618, Apr 14, 2017.

1. kimtastic618

kimtastic618 New Egg

Apr 14, 2017
    A friend of ours had this goose since it was hatched. It honked all the time and they didn't like it so they dropped it off with us. We have had the goose for several months now. It would follow us around and let us pet it and I named it Gary. Then it laid eggs. She is still Gary though. However for the last month or so she has been "mean". She won't follow us around like she did, she honks LOUDER and when I walk towards her, the same as I always have, she has her head and neck down straight out and is honking loud. I feed her by hand sometimes, like always, only now she will bite me once in awhile. My boyfriend though, she seems to be nicer towards. What happened?!

We did get a tom turkey dropped off around the same time and she was acting a little "sick" before her attitude changed. I gave her electrolytes and probiotics and she got better but now she is like this.

2. TheTwoRoos

TheTwoRoos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2015
    Its probably because of spring,all my geese attitude changed,or maybe she is nesting,sounds like she needs or mate or is seeing you a s mate.

3. kimtastic618

kimtastic618 New Egg

Apr 14, 2017
    I thought her and the turkey would get along. We also got 8 baby ducks (still penned up since they aren't grown yet) and I thought that would help her not be lonely but she hates me I think :( I hope you are correct and it is just the time of year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by