My gorgeous girls (in their awkward stage) pic heavy

mikki717

My Drug of Choice- Chickens
11 Years
Dec 7, 2009
Hesperia, CA
45485_006.jpg

I'm checking to see if this works.

The day is cold and raine and perfect for playing with the chickies and taking pictures. I was also hoping to get some feedback on breed type. They are four weeks old, and I ordered the rainbow layers from McMurray. So far they are all fat and healthy and happy, (I have 100% survival so far.) but I do have one runt chick. I have tried to pull her out to give her special treats, but she won't eat them because she is upset about being away from her sisters. This time however I did it backwards... I took all the girls out for their bedding change and put "Speck" back first, along with one other less foreward sister. I was proud as punch when Speck not only ate a few of the meal worms, but she actually won the chicken fight for one of the worms! She is in the photo in the first post.
She was one of the chipmunk girls so I think she is an EE.

45485_011.jpg

This is Puff, who I think is a Buff Ameracauna. If that is the case, she is a Buff Puff! She is always the first one in line when we come out to say hello and change the food and water. and doesn't mind being handled or petted.

This is the "Free Rare chick" What do you think he is?
45485_016.jpg

I think this is one of five leghorns... but I'm not sure.
45485_022.jpg

This is one of several red chicks. They have beige spots on the end of their primary feathers.
45485_025.jpg

Same chicken with one of our German Shepherds. (I don't trust them yet alone with the chickens, but I am working on teaching them that these are MY chickens!)
45485_035.jpg

This girl is an EE... (I think) but she has some wacky thing going on with her wing feathers... they stand out against the other ones.
45485_038.jpg

These are the two "twins" Awk and Bawk. EE's I think.
45485_042.jpg

Here is one of the girls all hunkered down in their box awaiting a clean room. I think it is so cool to see them in a quiet chicken pile.
45485_010.jpg

So what do you all think? Thanks for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom