My Gorgeous Greenfire babies *pic*

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by klf73, Jun 19, 2011.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I just wanted to share a pic of my beautiful Hedemora. No one else seems to be *into* them but I absolutely [​IMG] them.
    The sun is starting to go down but since they are in a designated special area they can't put themselves away so they decided to hang out in the corner...which is funny because when I went to get the camera the silver laced brahma wasn't there but he squeezed himself into the group. One of the roos is a bit smaller, and a bit *funny [​IMG] he has wry neck and would run crazy around the brooder and was a bit smaller than the rest(supplemented with vitamins). They replaced him for me and I probably won't use him for breeding just in case but he is roo #2 so hopefully nothing happens to roo #1 [​IMG] the replacement is also a cockeral but smoothe feathered and I prefer the fluffy ones. It is fun to watch his antics, he always tries to pick a fight with the bigger cockeral
    that is the bigger cockeral sitting on the brahma in the middle and the punky one to the left looking at me(well, he was looking at me when I went to take the pic [​IMG] )
    that is a smooth(regular feathered) pullet in the back right
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  2. pennie1

pennie1 Redneck Silkie

Aug 17, 2009
    Hiles
    They're beautiful. Don't know a darn thing about them but beauty is beauty in any form

3. Hi Krista! They are lovely! I missed that Hemadora are silkie feathered --- that's pretty neat.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:they are both....read you should have both, guess it's like the rumpless and tailed in araucana [​IMG]

eta- they are also feather legged but the feathers stop and the ankle, no messy foot feathers

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  5. chickendales

chickendales Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    there cute i own one in heart beat

6. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    They look like cross breeds to me.

7. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:well i cant wait to see how they turn out

8. incubatingisfun

incubatingisfun Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2009
    Alaska
    Cool ive read a small bit about them never heard about them before i was reading my poultry magazine and saw a hatchery selling them i will try to find that site again so i can post a link

9. chickendales

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    lil costy for my taist

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by