My gorgeous Salt needs some identification...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by madwomn, Dec 8, 2012.

1. madwomn

madwomn Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2012
    [​IMG]

Do you have any guesses as to the breed or name of the color? Supposedly she and 24 others were imported from Germany - the others all succumbed to hawks and the guy who owned Salt was glad to get rid of her. He claimed she drew the hawks into his yard. She has a little beard and short feathers on her legs. Her tail and edges of her wings are blue and her neck is the color of wheat. She's not mottled, which I associate with porcelain. She reminds me of my D'Uccles, but has a bigger comb and blue legs.

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    porcelain in color??

3. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Haha, I don't know. I am chuckling because I googled German chicken breeds white--and got pictures of white german shepherds. [​IMG] Whatever she is, she is pretty. ............... I tried again without white and got a speckled something nestled down in some rocks, a game rooster and a giant rabbit........does Google not understand German chicken breeds??? [​IMG]Well, I can see we are going to have to take matters into our own hands......mmmmmmm..............well, it looks like Salt is a genuine Blue Tailed Pearl Huhn!! (huhn is German for chicken) [​IMG]

4. Chickengirl47

Chickengirl47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Louisiana
    Funny!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by